What is Medici?
Medici is a HIPAA compliant app that provides a convenient platform for doctors to manage and care for their patients from anywhere, and get paid for doing so.
What is your purpose?
Our desire is to simplify the lives of doctors while strengthening their patient relationships. Right now, doctors get texts, calls, and emails from patients, and these are non-compliant, disorganized, and unpaid. We take all these interactions and put them into one revenue generating, HIPAA compliant mobile app with an easy-to-use interface. And yes, we anonymize your telephone number.
What makes us unique from other Telehealth companies?
- Established Doctor/Patient Relationship: We protect and nurture the existing relationships between doctors and their patients. On Medici, patients can only consult with doctors with whom a previous face to face relationship has been established.
- Breadth of Care: Complete medical circle (General Practitioner, Dentist, Veterinarian, etc) all on one single app, so patients have easy access to you along with their other doctors, without needing to ask for and store your number.
- Text: You don’t have to be “techie” to use Medici! All text/audio conversations between doctors and patients are easy and secure.
Can I set my own rates?
Absolutely! We have found that $25 per 10 minute consult is the average rate; however, the rate and time can be adjusted by the physician and/or practice.
Do you accept insurance?
Currently, patients can pay by credit card or their Health Savings Account only. We are in the process of discussing coverage with insurance companies. This should be available in the near future.
How do I get paid for my consults?
Make sure your bank account information is correctly entered into the app. To do this, go to Billing → Payment Method and enter your banking credentials. You will receive a bi-weekly direct deposit with a detailed consultation report explaining the payment details.
How can I reset my password?
Edit My Profile → Password → Change Password
How do I update or edit my bio?
Click the “My profile” button to access various personal information. Edit by tapping on any section, then pressing “Save” at the bottom.
How will you protect personal and medical information?
We have HIPAA compliant security and privacy controls in place to protect all data. We use the industry’s best encryption standards to encrypt communication and storage.
Are you HIPAA compliant?
Yes, we implement all the HIPAA Security, Privacy and Breach notification rules. Our platform is designed to comply with HIPAA’s strict safeguards from the mobile apps to the backend servers. We have multiple layers of security safeguarding all Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
Is my banking information secure?
Medici does NOT store, NOR has access to your financial information. When you register with the Medici apps and enter your payment information, we’re sending that information in encrypted format directly to our partner STRIPE who is a leader in Secure Payment. STRIPE has passed PCI Level 1 Certification by VISA, which is the highest level of security for payment systems.
Is there a credentialing process for doctors?
Yes, all medical doctors requesting access to Medici must be verified via Doximity or Medici representative. Veterinarians and dentists are verified by Medici representatives.
Medici Best Practices for Success
In order to get the most out of your Medici experience, we have compiled a list of best practices that will help your practice be on the fast track to Medici success.
Get the Word Out to Your Patients
- Invite your entire patient list to the app via email/text
- Tell your patients about Medici as they visit you in your office
- Help us educate your staff on Medici by inviting them to the app. We have created a specific staff FAQ in your marketing kit. This will help your staff effectively communicate Medici’s value to your patients.
- Display your marketing materials included within your marketing kit in visible places for your patients
- Medici posters in exam and waiting rooms
- Pop up table tent at checkout
- Promo cards at checkout
*If you have a social media page, blog, or a website we recommend letting your followers know you are available on Medici. Our design team will put together a virtual marketing kit for your practice upon request.
When to Bill
- The decision to charge for a consult is always at the provider’s discretion. When you choose to bill, Medici recommends providers ask “Have I answered your question(s)?” before billing their patients. Once the patient answers yes, click “Bill Now” to initiate billing to the patient’s HSA or credit card on file. The patient is then notified that their promo credit/credit card has been charged.
- Medici recommends that if a provider chooses to bill multiple times during a consult, they only do so if the patient’s issue is more complex than originally appeared at the onset of the consult